We are currently updating the articles for 1.09.0. Translated articles will need to be updated by their respective authors.
The Kitchen Knife was released in the 1.06 Patch. It is a common household tool used to slice or chop food items.
A Kitchen Knife is a general term for any knife used for food preparation. They can appear in all different sizes, finishes, materials and shapes. The version featured in No More Room in Hell is of a large chef knife variety with a wooden riveted handle. Chef Knives are usually fairly large with 14 inches of overall length with a blade length of 8 inches. Most common kitchen brand knives are typically of a stainless steel variety.
The Kitchen knife is a short ranged bladed weapon that is both light and easy to handle while providing a decent amount of damage. It is somewhat comparable to the Hatchet, sharing a similar range and damage profile, with an equally similar attack rate. It is a perfect backup weapon, taking only a small space in the inventory while still dishing out decent damage.
Keep your distance and attack with light attacks. Two or three attacks are ample in killing a regular zombie, but its short range is its main downfall. Child zombies can be taken care of with a single charged attack, but the damage increase is negligible.
Pro's and Con's
- Able to use maglite
- Very Lightweight; carrying two large weapons along with knife is possible
- Fairly common
- Quite fast
- Short reach
- Charged Attack is no different from light lttack
- Very Weak; three, even four blows may be required to down a zombie
- Knock back chance very slim
- The Kitchen Knife was slated for release in the 1.05 Patch, but was cut to fine tune animations and correct texture glitches and is said to be released alongside Patch 1.06