We are currently updating the articles for 1.09.0. Translated articles will need to be updated by their respective authors.
Zombie Spawning Setup
Spawn Brush Setup
In order for zombie spawning to work in your map, you need to place a single overlord_zombie_helper entity anywhere in your map.
You also need to place func_zombie_spawn brushes throughout your map where you want zombies to be able to spawn. Generally these should be less than 10 units high, 10 units off the ground, and at least 10 units from walls and objects in the map. Depending on your type of map, you will need to setup the func_zombie_spawn brushes a certain way...
Objective Spawn Brush Setup
- Set up one spawn brush per room or hallway, and try to split larger outdoor zones into multiple smaller zones.
- While enabled, the func_zombie_spawn brushes will automatically fill with zombies the closer the players get to them. If you think there are too many or too few zombies in a specific spawn brush, set the spawn_density to a value between .1 and 10. "10" is 10x normal zombies. ".1" is 10% normal zombies.
- Zones will replace dead zombies with live ones over a period of time. You can adjust this by setting spawn_regen_target between 0 and 1. If you would like a zone to not replace dead zombies at all, set spawn_regen_target to 0.
Survival Spawn Brush Setup
- Set up func_zombie_spawn brushes around the perimeter of your map where the zombies should come from. spawn_density and spawn_regen_target are ignored in survival mode, see overlord_wave_controller for controlling the waves of zombies in survival mode.
Required for both Objective & Survival maps.
Once you have set up your Spawn Brushes, you will need to setup the Zombie navigation. Navigation is now controlled with nav meshes; this means you must create a .nav file in order for the func_zombie_spawn brushes to activate properly
To create a .nav you must
- Start NMRiH up and load your map as a local server (highly recommended that you compile the newest version of your map for this purpose)
- Type sv_cheats 0 into the console (` to open console) and hit enter
- Type sv_idle_autokick_enabled 0 into console and hit enter
- Type nav_generate into console and hit enter
Depending on how big and complex the map is, the process will take a few minutes to a few hours.