We are currently updating the articles for 1.09.0. Translated articles will need to be updated by their respective authors.
Zombie Spawning Setup
Spawn Brush Setup
In order for zombie spawning to work in your map, you need to place an overlord_zombie_helper entity anywhere in your map. This entity is responsible for handling the spawning of any zombies in the game. You also need to place func_zombie_spawn brushes throughout your map where you want zombies to be able to spawn.
Depending on your type of map, you will need to setup the func_zombie_spawn brushes a certain way...
- ==Objective Map Setup==
- Set up one spawn brush per room or hallway, and try to split larger outdoor zones into multiple smaller zones.
- The func_zombie_spawn brushes will automatically fill with zombies the closer the players get to them. If you think there are too many or too few zombies in a specific spawn brush, set the spawn_density to a value between .1 and 10. "10" is 10x normal zombies. ".1" is 10% normal zombies.
- Auto-regeneration occurs over time, and by default zones are set to auto-regenerate to 60% of their maximum zombies no matter how many zombies are killed. If you would like a zone to deactivate after it's last zombie is killed set spawn_regen_target to 0.
- ==Survival (Wave Based) Map Setup==
- Set up func_zombie_spawn brushes around the perimeter of your map where the zombies should come from. The func_zombie_spawn entities should have their Disable Self Thinking spawn flag checked.
Required for both Objective & Survival maps.
Once you have set up your Spawn Brushes, you will need to setup the Zombie navigation. Navigation is now controlled with nav meshes; this means you must create a .nav file in order for the func_zombie_spawn brushes to activate properly
To create a .nav you must
- Start NMRiH up and load your map as a local server (highly recommended that you compile the newest version of your map for this purpose)
- Type sv_cheats 0 into the console (` to open console) and hit enter
- Type sv_idle_autokick_enabled 0 into console and hit enter
- Type nav_generate into console and hit enter
Depending on how big and complex the map is, the process will take a few minutes to a few hours.